Saturday, January 24, 2009

Look Out.

There has been a lot of stuff in the fashion world that has been catching my eye recently and I thought I would put a couple things on the blog that I really like (most of which are too pricey for my very shallow pockets but I can always dream big). In my opinion, the streetwear/urban scene has been very much at a standstill for the past year or two and now it is moving into a very in-between stage. Urban/streetwear is mixing with high-fashion and there is a huge demand for products that demonstrate exceptional detail and build quality as well as a concious effort by the producer to make the garment different without simply plastering a brand name on the front of a t-shirt. So that brings me to one of the first things that caught my attention this morning, eYe by Junya Watanabe and Comme Des Garcons. The japanese brands are famous for their attention to build quality and design and this stuff definately shows it. Too bad its not only hard/impossible to find a local retailer, I'm sure the price tags are way beyond my budget.

Next up on my list is a pair of moccasins created by a UK-based brand by the name of Oi Polloi. Most of the time I wont even look twice at a moccasin, and I have even gone so far as to mention to people how much I dislike them, but this pair caught my eye the other day and I liked them so much I have even considered purchasing myself a pair despite the $186 price tag. These things are constructed in the USA, and use swiss leathers that have been tanned in a family owned English tannery. You cant beat a shoe with history.

http://www.oipolloi.com/store/OiPolloi-LoCutMoccCrepeBrown-1740.html

And my last addition for tonight is the Clarks Desert boot. I have been wearing mine since the fall and you cant beat the build quality and pure comfort of these things. Id take them over a sneaker any day and that was before I knew Steve McQueen wore them way back.With some character:


And Steve McQueen:

That's all for tonight, Ill be adding some more stuff that has caught my interest at some point tomorrow.

No comments: